Thursday, September 17, 2009

5th Generation Indo-Kenyan "Coolie" drops new reggae album



Elephant Wise: "Well I'm a fifth generation coolie from Kenya and my mother is Swedish. In Kenya reggae music is a part of day-to-day life so it was just something that was around me from day one. Later on in my teens I moved to Europe where I saw reggae music go from a small movement to absolutely exploding with tons of reggae sound-systems and festivals popping up everywhere. It was around that time I started getting into the whole sound-system culture but it wasn't until later on after moving to Australia in 2005 that I started working the mic and eventually becoming a reggae artist."

Interview here:


Being caught up in a hi-jacking ordeal whilst visiting family in Africa in 2009 caused Elephant Wise to evaluate his priorities and decide to pursue music on a more serious level. And so he began work on his debut album. He released his new album The Reasoning on 18th July. Get a free (192kbps) copy at http://www.myspace.com/elephantwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment